Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Great Lady...



This Sunday is my sister's birthday. Shanna is such a wonderful woman and I thought that I would take a little time to brag on her.


Many of you know that Shanna and her family moved to St. Louis earlier this summer. She found out they were moving when she was about 5 monthsish pregnant....and it went downhill from there. After the new year, she became a "single mom" during the weeks while her husband, Ted, had to commute back and forth during the weeks for his new job. During this time, she was getting extrememly pregnant (and tired), had a 3 year old who new changes were happening, a husband that was gone, a house for sale, house hunting, a theisis to finish for her master's degree, and a baby to prepare for. I'm honestly suprised the girl didn't go into labor early over stress, but she is so very well put together and kept her head up and made it!

6 weeks after Baby Drew arrived, they were off and living in a new house that Ted had to pick out because Shanna was in the last month of her pregnancy and couldn't travel (but its' a beautiful house...he did well). Now, they are settled, but I miss them terribly. Olivia asks all of the time to go see Bentley in "St. Woowis". As sad as I can get, I have to sit back and admire Shanna. She is such a good mother and wife to put her goals on hold for her family so they can adjust.

Shanna, you are a BEAUTIFUL person all around, the best wife and mother, and have sacrificed so much in the last year. I hope your birthday is the best because you absolutely deserve every second of celebration! I am so lucky to have a sister like you to teach me the ropes of motherhood. See you soon, Sars!

No comments:

Post a Comment