Saturday, July 24, 2010

July

Wow...it has been a crazy month! Between Camp Bear, starting my master's, and starting to think about the start of school- this month has FLOWN by. To some people, that is good. But as a teacher, I would like my summer to go as slow as possible.

For those of you who know (and don't know) John has had a really rough last few months at work. He started the search for a new job, and if anyone out there is looking for a new job or knows someone looking, you might know that it's not good. With a lot of NO hear backs, this last week showed some answers to our many many prayers. John accepted a job at Bass Pro last week. It was such a relief. We haven't been married long, but it was starting to feel as if every time we about "stood up" on our shaky feet, life would just push us down again. I am so proud of my husband and couldn't be more happy for him.

On top of him getting a job, John also painted the living room....I should actually say RE-painted. We painted it in April and the color blended with the wall waayyyy too much. So after a lot of paint samples, we crossed our fingers and did it again. There is still a lot of brown in the living room, but a much broader range of browns. And more contrasting. I plan to put some accents with color as I figure out what to do and time goes on! ( Suggestions would be gladly accepted.)

AND since he got a new job, I will be able to go to California for my cousin Jaime's wedding. I had originally said no because of John's working situation. I am SOOO excited. I "grew up " (not really) in California. Both of my parents are from there and I spent just about every summer there . Those are special times and I can't wait to share them with Olivia. She will get to meet her only great grandparent still with us. She will also get to meet my cousins and their kiddos and my really fun aunt and see my Uncle Chuck again.

That is life in the Letterman house right now. (Besides my little bug just being adorable)

1 comment:

  1. You should throw some green accessories into the brown mix :)

    ReplyDelete