This last weekend, I got the chance to go to California with my family for my cousin Jaime's wedding! I wasn't originally going but when John got a new job (2 weeks before the trip) I wanted in! I am so happy I got to go. I love California - I have family there that I love to see and hang out with.
This trip was for a wedding and that made it exciting and special, but it was also Olivia's first vacation. I was sad that John couldn't be there with her for the experience, but we didn't do a lot of "vacation-y" things minus sleep in a hotel and fly on an airplane. She did so good. I admit (and so will my family) I was anxious and nervous the entire flight and stay waiting for her to melt down and be awful. But she just went with the flow. The flight there was the hardest because we boarded at her bedtime, which sounds like the perfect formula for sleep, but it actually just over-stimulated her and she got OVERLY sleepy. She finally conked out in LAX in her stroller while we impatiently waited for our luggage at 10 pm (12 am CST).
Other than that she was a pro at sleeping and napping in the hotel and meeting and playing with her cousins! She also got to meet her only great-grandparent. My grandmother is in a nursing home in Long Beach and is very demented. I'm not sure if she recognized us but she sure liked Olivia. They even held hands and Livie gave her great grandma kisses. This was a special moment for me...since the other two really had no idea what was going on.
That evening, we went to my cousin's wedding and it was the most beautiful and unique wedding I have been to. Her and her fiance (now husband) got married on a boat in the Newport Harbor at sunset. I love Newport. We often go there and eat or walk around when we visit but this was something we had never done. Olivia did pretty well. There were only so many places she could walk around so she got antsy and tired since we didn't dock until 11pm (1:00 CST!)
We had a lot of fun and hope to get to go back soon and spend a little more than 3 days there and show Olivia and John all of my favorite things to do there!
No comments:
Post a Comment