Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010


Today was Livie Bug's first Easter and boy was it a busy one! We started by getting up at 4:00am (Not by choice) and FINALLY going back to sleep. Olivia has been getting up at odd times for the past 2 weeks since she had been sick. She is JUST now recovering from her virus and ear infection, so hopefully normal sleep patterns will return.


We started our Easter morning off by running late because we all had laid back down around 9. But, we still made it to church in time ...right AT 11:00. After church, we went to my sister, Robin's house for Easter dinner. Then, crossed Sunshine to see John's family at John's Mom's house. Poor John. After Olivia's fever broke last weekend, his came on. He has been sick all week. I mean all week. For the first time in 10.5 months, I have been responsible for about everything with home and Livie and this has NEVER been the case and it's been rough!
John is such a great father. If I would have got to choose my partner or child's father based on involvment and help, he would have been more than what I looked for! He is always helping me with her, getting up with her at night, insisting I try to sleep, doing the dishes, picking up the house, etc. There are a lot of great dads out there but John has no problem letting our roles at home cross and really makes sure that he takes care of his girls. I have no problem with taking care of a little more being "mommy" and I did for a short time when she was first born- but that was only because I was home with her those hours he was at work. He would come home and jump right in! - Okay, I'm done bragging on my great husband. - Anyway, John was a trooper and made it thru the day, even though he was feeling icky.

This Easter, for the first time, the holiday had a different meaning. This has always been a celebatory holiday for my christian family and I have always realized the importance of this holiday. But this year, I saw it in a different perspective. For the past few weeks, I have gotten pretty teary watching Olivia play and explore and thinking of those who aren't with us to see her grow. John's dad the most here recently. John's father passed suddenly in a surgery a year and half ago. We found out that same weekend that we were pregnant with Olivia, so Ike never knew that his youngest son would be a father, and such a good one at that. And that just breaks my heart.


Today, while laying in bed it became real to me that because of Easter, Ike is in Heaven with Jesus getting to WALK on new legs, with the Lord. Then, I thought the same about my grandmother and grandfather and others who I wish were here to watch this beautiful angel grow up. Because of God's sacrifice and because of their faith, they have a place with him right now and one day, we will too. And being a mom this year, I realized the sacrifice that God gave for us. I have always heard the analogy of asking someone if they would give their only child for everyone's sins. It was never real to me until this year, until I was a mom.


Alright, I think my thoughts are shared for tonight! SUPER long. oops.
Thank you, God, for such a wonderful holiday and such a wonderful thing to celebrate. Keep thinking of John as he continues to "recover" from the virus that is sweeping thru our house and that I don't get sick! MAP starts this week. No sick days for me!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog deary! It is a fun little hobby!

    ReplyDelete