Monday, November 1, 2010

Count your blessings, count them one by one...

A friend on facebook posted to say something you are grateful everyday this month. I love November for many reasons and really looking at the gifts we have is one of them!

I have so many things to gripe about. (No money, ugly car, a non-homeowner the usual.) I sometimes look at our situation and think "If we could have just held our sin in and not have gotten into this situation". But then I usually slap myself.

I am SO thankful for my parents who let us rent an incredibly nice house (minus the kitchen... ;)), an amazing husband who people thought would never be a family man, but has proven them wrong by being the MOST wonderful, supporting husband and the BEST father to Olivia. He does just as much as I do as a parent and sometimes more....

I have food, clothes, cars that get us to work and back. A job I love, despite the bad wrap you get as an educator. Great sisters that hang out with me, and some close, best friends that even though I don't talk to everyday - can meet up with me and act like we haven't missed a beat.

It's easy to look at what we DON"T have and what we want and easy to sometimes overlook the 1,000's of blessings we have. Cheesy, I know. But November is all about giving thanks!!!


Just a few of the many things I'm thankful for....


2 comments:

  1. hey carrie! counting my blessings instead of my troubles always helps me too! you have a very sweet family! i hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving season.
    with love,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Carrie. I enjoyed reading this...both times. :) I'm finding myself in a bit of a funk today, and this helped. Never hurts to have a reminder to count one's blessings.... :)

    ReplyDelete